Stratford-upon-Avon Tourist Information
The pretty Elizabethan town of Stratford-upon-Avon is most famous for being the birthplace of William Shakespeare. With many streets lined with half-timbered houses to explore, lovely walks along the river and a whole host of 'Shakespeare' sites to visit, you will not be disappointed. Stratford-upon-Avon has something for everyone.
- Shakespeare's Birthplace - a magnificent Elizabethan manor house where Shakespeare spent his childhood
- Anne Hathaway's Cottage - a picture postcard thatched cottage where Shakespeare's wife grew up
- The Shakespeare Countryside Museum - housed in the house Mary Arden grew up in
- Royal Shakespeare Company's Theatre - just one of 3 theatres in the town performing a whole range of plays
- Stratford Butterfly Farm - a small oasis to retreat to if you need a break from the Bard!
Plan your visit to Stratford-upon-Avon
- Stratford-upon-Avon Hotels - view and choose a place to stay
- Stratford-upon-Avon Attractions - places to visit and eat
- Stratford-upon-Avon Short Breaks - offers and ideas