A tour through the Champagne TAITTINGER cellars reveals traces of history, perfectly preserved and waiting to be discovered. The oldest parts of the cellars are located on the site of Gallo-Roman chalk mines dug in the 4th century.
Decorated by Leonard Foujita, a Japanese painter of the School of Paris, in 1966, after his conversion to catholicism and baptism in Rheims. A large collection of illustrations, frescos, stained-glass windows and sculptures.
Remains of a 3rd century Roman Forum, the building was parlty buried and when it was built, the basement allocated to storage and the surface was a walking space. The two updated galleries and a museum illustrate the history of the excavations
One of the big three Champagne producers in the town of Epernay, De Castallene have a proud tradition of making bubbly from only the finest grapes. Surrounded by vineyards that are kept in immaculate, the cellars are open to the public throughout the year
Over the years the Town Hall has retained the charm of a private dwelling set in a superb park.The terrace in front of the building has been cleverly adapted as a buttress to support a monument to those who died in the 1914-18 war.